Friday, October 15, 2010

At home...hopefully recovering quickly!

Last I posted I was still admitted in the hospital, well I was sent home on Sunday (thank goodness! being a patient is definitely not for me!). Before they sent me home Sunday, I had developed more fluid than I think I ever have before. I had another paracentesis done (3rd time being tapped) and had 3.5 liters of fluid removed from my abdomen. Boy did I feel better! So as of now, I have had about 6.5 liters removed within less than 1 week!! Dr. Moore felt like I could go home and make sure that I had good fluid intake and output, bedrest, and that I could monitor myself just as well. As my week started I felt great, and then Tuesday I noticed not only was I developing ascites again but my lower back had pitting edema (for all you non-medical people, you could press your finger into my back and leave an indentation from it). I was told to continue monitoring it, weigh myself frequently, and measure my abdominal girth and if I couldn't make it to my follow up appointment on Friday than to call earlier. Well needless to say I was getting miserable again, back to the doctor's office we go only to be sent back to Baptist hospital for another paracentesis (that makes 4!!). I had a little over 2 liters drawn off and like usual, felt immediately better! (That makes a total of 8.5 liters removed from my little self!) We are unsure if the fluid will come back, Dr. Moore was truly hoping this is the last time but can't promise anything. So now I am back at home, resting....and resting...and resting! I am soo tired of resting and am so ready to get my life back to normal, not to mention get back to work!

I hate I am going to probably miss the State Fair this year, but I guess I will live.... :) Thanks for all the prayers, it means the world to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I would die for that"