Tuesday, October 26, 2010

soooo.. looks like we have a miracle joining us in June!!!!




Finally I get to share our great news....We will be expecting a little baby Crolley this June!! It was soooo hard to keep that quiet, a select few knew but the majority of people I had to lie to! I am soooo sorry for the lies, I wanted to at least see a heartbeat before it became broadcast news.. You have nooooo idea how happy we are, each day we get more and more excited!

We found out about a week and a half before I was admitted into the hospital, so trying to explain what was going on without mentioning the baby was VERY hard!! We had to get a little creative with the stories sometimes, sorry! :) The reason my body wouldn't quit producing the fluid was because the more hcg hormone (pregnancy hormone produced by baby)that is produced, the worse it gets. HCG doubles about every other day, so that explains why I am still dealing with fluid in my abdomen. Two Thursdays ago, we headed to the doctor's office with the intentions of seeing a heartbeat, little did we know we were walking into a huge scare! Dr.Moore was concerned that I still had a ton of fluid, I even asked to be drained again! So I headed back to Baptist for an outpatient paracentesis and had a little over 2 liters drawn off again.
Before we went to the hospital, we had an ultrasound in the office. Dr.Moore kept saying, "oook...hummmm...oook" as we were watching on the ultrasound screen (having NO idea what I was looking at!) for what seemed like an eternity! Immediately I knew something was wrong and freaked out!! He told me he was concerned because we couldn't see a fetal pole (the first signs of a heartbeat) even though there was a perfect gestational sac and yok sac. To hear the words "threatened abortion" was our worst nightmare! In my head all I could think "How?! How is this possible, I am still producing a ton of fluid, I would think that means our little baby is still growing!" After everything we have been through, this was the absolute worst thought ever!!! While I had more blood work drawn, to make sure the hormone was increasing as it should all I could do was pray. I wanted to burst out in tears right in front of everyone in the office and I couldn't even look at Josh's face, as I knew he was just as heartbroken as me. We prayed and left that office with so many fears, and a little gleam of hope that this baby would be strong and push through! That afternoon, Dr.Moore called us with my blood results which was right on point and doubling beautifully. Turns out according to more calculations, we were not as far along as everyone had originally thought. PHEWWW!! Dr.Moore told me that this isn't a freak out moment yet, wanted us to wait another week and come back for another ultrasound. Needless to say, this week was the longest wait I feel like I had ever been through. A ton of prayers, tears,trying to stay positive, and my awesome husband is what got me through that horrible week!!

I was so nervous, scared, and anxious while we waited for this ultrasound. It felt like it took them forever to come to the room, as I sat on the table. A week later, we saw our baby's beautiful heartbeat! How amazing is that to say?! The absolute best feeling in the world! I looked over at Josh and all he could do was smile, you couldn't wipe that grin off his face! :) Dr.Moore was still concerned that I had a moderate amount of fluid, but gave me permission to finally go back to work (even though he was hesitant) but I had to take it easy! He said he had never seen someone have fluid that lasted this long, and thought possibly that I needed to be drained again. I refused the drain, I felt the best I had in weeks. I was eating, drinking, could breathe fine, and moving around very well. Life couldn't get any better at this moment in time!!

This Friday I will be 8 weeks, very early still and continue to pray everyday that our baby grows and is healthy & happy! I go back for another ultrasound this Friday, luckily we have ultrasounds weekly! How many people get to say that?! I guess that is the only plus about going through all the infertility treatments, most people don't get to see but 1 ultrasound around 10-12 weeks. I pray that I don't get morning sickness, as none of that has started. I figure maybe the Lord thinks we have been through enough that He wants to make this a little easier for me! ;) Either way, I am grateful that I haven't had any nausea or vomiting. My only symptoms are that I have to use the little girls room at least 1-3 times during the night and like 100 times during the day....and I am eating like a cow!

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the prayers!! All those prayers is what as gotten us through this horrible time. I am very appreciative for all the support from our family and friends, not sure what I would have done without all of y'all! Lastly, I want to thank my husband, Josh who has been through all of this with me and still continues to be my rock. He has been excellent at taking care of me while I was sick and couldn't walk. Not to mention, he has been fabulous with getting me everything that I am craving!! :) I couldn't ask for a better husband and can't wait to see him as a father! Love you Boo!
Thank you Lord for this amazing miracle that you have blessed us with, we are sooo grateful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I would die for that"