Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Follow your heart....

So, after long discussions with Josh we decided to follow our heart! Both of us felt in our hearts we wanted to do this process again. It just didn't feel right when we said we would take a break for a while. So, the plan is to try this just one more time and if it doesn't work, THEN we will take a long break. I have been taking all different kinds of fertility medications since January, and it takes a toll on both of us, emotionally and physically.

I had my follow up ultrasound last week, and all is clear! Well, as clear as it could possibly be. I started taking Letrozole last Thursday and finished with those pills last night. I also started my injections of Follistim yesterday afternoon, for who knows how long! Dr.Moore wanted to schedule an HSG last cycle but he was on vacation during the time frame that you are supposed to perform it. I had to go to Baptist hospital today for my HSG x-ray. HSG stands for Hysterosalpingogram, and it is an x-ray of the uterus and fallopian tubes. It is visualized by inserting dye into the uterus. We basically wanted to make sure that my fallopian tubes weren't blocked and that everything was normal. I had heard HORROR stories about how horrible this test was... so I was terrified! Not only was I scared of the pain, I was also nervous that I would hear my tubes were blocked! I took Tylenol before the procedure and I survived it! It was definitely not as bad as I thought it was, but I would never want to do it again!! Dr. Moore says he has a special way of performing it that reduces the pain and I would say that it worked!! :) AND the best news of all is that EVERYTHING is normal, thank the good Lord! He also said that the dye sometimes "flushes" the tubes out of any debris..... so that is also a good thing!
Rumor has it that alot of people tend to get pregnant after having the HSG, just for the fact of the flushing of the tubes... so only time will tell! I will admit that I spent the rest of the day on the couch, a little sore.
Tomorrow I go for blood work to see what my E2 levels are. The level from that determines how well I am responding to the follistim and if we need to decrease/increase my amount of medication I give myself each day. He started me out on a higher dose than the last time, so HOPEFULLY it won't take as long to get mature follicles. So here starts the every other day blood work, hoping I won't be near as bruised as the last time.

Hoping and praying that everything goes well this cycle. I am not near as stressed as I was in the past cycle. Also, I kind of know what to expect, so that helps! I have the mindset that if it is supposed to happen than it will! And all the stressing in the world will not change that! :) So we will continue to pray that the Lord will bless us when the time is right! I will update with my E2 levels tomorrow, lets hope for good numbers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I would die for that"